Some exciting upgrades are coming to the EngagementHQ Places tool to improve efficiency for you, the administrators of your site, as well as your community's experience interacting with your maps.
The roll-out for these improvements will begin on Monday, 20th of May.
The list of additions is long and you can see them in detail here. The highlights for you and your community include:
- Upload multiple layers (KML, Shapefiles, WMS) and control their styling and properties
- Draw and customise your own layers in a full screen map view
- Set a custom order of all your layers
- An improved user interface (UI) for your participants, such as a better search function, a dedicated activity feed and improved mobile experience
We have collated a range of EHQ sites which had early access to this upgrade and you can see their implementation of the Places tool below.
- City of Edina, Minnesota, USA
- Enfield Council, United Kingdom
- City of Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
- City of Nedlands, Western Australia
- Embacadero Seawall Program
If you have any questions about using these upgrades, start a chat with us or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.