We have revamped EHQ's inbuilt newsletter feature and simplified it significantly.
What has changed?
Apart from improving the overall look of all outgoing emails, we have consolidated steps and are down from nine to four simple steps.
NOTE: Only site administrator can send emails. Project administrators can NOT send emails.
- Design Newsletter
- Provide a subject line.
- Choose to include your site logo and pick a banner. This banner can either be your site banner or a project specific banner, even on templates that do not feature banners, such as Whitehaven.
- Write your email body in the content field. We have included a sample text that you can edit to your needs or simply delete all text and start with a blank canvas.
- Click on 'Preview' to move to the next step
- Check your newsletter for typos and check all links!
- Click on 'Send Test Email' to send yourself and colleagues test emails.
- Click on 'Select Recipients' to move to the third step.
- Select Recipients
- Choose your entire database by selecting on 'All Projects', send your emails to clusters of projects or even just a single project. If a project is selected, any participant who has registered through that project initially or is an engaged participant in that project will be on the mailing list.
- Click on 'View' in the top right to see the mailing list and manually remove participants if required. Participants who have unsubscribed, are blocked or have never activated their account will never receive any emails.
- Click 'Review & Send' for the fourth and final step
- Review & Send
- Take one last glance over your newsletter before sending it out. This is your last chance to make sure that all links work!
That is how easy it is to send newsletters now. Watch out for best practice tips over the next few weeks of how to best use the email function to communicate with your community.